Hi Jez

What settings did you use? The images appear to be a quite narrow field of view for a 360 camera. Do you have examples of wide angle?

Cheers
DaveF

On 22/11/2018 13:53, Jez Nicholson wrote:
I've been trying out the new Waylens camera on loan from OSMUK https://osmuk.org/camera-rental/ to find out about the ease of use. Results at http://www.openstreetcam.com/user/osmuk-waylens

The problem I had previously with Mapillary/OpenStreetCam was the effort/time to get images geotagged and uploaded. This marvellous piece of equipment has been adapted to automagically upload images to OpenStreetCam when in range of your wifi connection. It starts recording automatically and even pauses at traffic lights. The downsides are having a mini-usb hanging down from the windscreen as it doesn't stay charged very long, and the elapsed time it takes to do uploads. Uploading overnight works pretty well. It _would_ upload direct from the car if I parked outside the house, but i'd have to leave the car unlocked so that it charges the camera.

I have used it to do some mapping, and I even enjoyed rewatching this person pull out in front of me at Brighton Station without looking or signaling http://www.openstreetcam.com/details/1304821/283/track-info

I am unsure what the benefits are of using OpenStreetCam over Mapillary, or even why do it at all. I just wanted to try the equipment out.

My loan period ends at the beginning of December so you could be the next person to have a go if you want...details on https://osmuk.org/camera-rental/

Regards,
             Jez