the same time you're writing your message in a combative and
uncooperative tone that is increasing the likelihood of someone getting
upset!

Well, yes, I suppose I am. I'm gradually becoming irritated by the increasing reluctance (verging on paranoia) to correcting erroneous data.

Well that depends on who decides it's erroneous?

From this page:

 https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Automated_Edits_code_of_conduct

"Note also that documentation of tagging on the Wiki is not the final arbiter of 'correct' tagging."

Treating a ford as a single node strikes me as a bit daft when if you zoom in on the map it clearly occupies a mappable area between the various property boundaries and the entry and exit points on the highway.

We are instructed to "map what we see", and the fords in this area are definitely bigger than a single point such as a lamp-post or postbox. Is landuse=ford acceptable?

cheers,

Martin.