On Sun, 27 Jan 2019 at 19:10, Rob Nickerson <rob.j.nicker...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It somewhat depends on what you are trying to map.
>
> The kerb=* tag on the wiki page you linked to is for when mapping a crossing.
[...]

Thank you. I've also had an off-list reply saying:

   For crossings on single carriageway roads I would standardly just
   tag the highway=crossing node with the relevant tags, usually
   tactile_paving and kerb tags, like this
   https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2303780892.

I am looking to tag dropped kerbs in two circumstances; in places that
look like this:

   https://goo.gl/maps/UnBiAsxgCFR2

Sometimes, there are two crossings adjacent, or nearly adjacent,
making a place convenient as an informal crossing point for
wheelchairs, pushchairs, barrows, etc.

Often, however, there is a dropped kerb on one side, but not the
other, That's still useful info someone needs to drop off a wheelchair
user, for example.

On a simple, single-line way, I had envisioned nodes with something like:

    kerb=dropped
    droped-kerb=both
    crossing=unmarked

or: