On 27/04/2019 18:02, I wrote:

On 27/04/2019 17:52, Andy Townsend wrote:

On 27/04/2019 17:50, Philip Barnes wrote:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:barrier%3Dstile#Stile_details

4000 of those:

https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/stile#values

However also from that page I'm now wondering what "stile=hipster" (!) is?

You can only go through it if you have a beard!
Serious answer... generating a map of them via the Overpass Turbo link shows that all the instances of them are in an area around Keighley. And, looking at them on Google street view, they appear to be squeeze stiles. For example:

https://goo.gl/maps/v8P8SrBYHu8BWMzZA
https://goo.gl/maps/1h5zqHLpQDu4jUnb6

So I'd hazard a guess that it's a local name for them in that neck of the woods.

Mark