Re: shop=vacant. This is a popular alternative tag, but removes the previous usage from the latest version. I found knowing this helpful when a new shop replaces it - "There's a new café opening in what used to be the flower shop"
How is the name tag dealt with if disused: isn't used?

Tony.
If the shops are closed tagging them as such improves the quality of the database. If they are bought out lock, stock & barrel a mass swap over edit can be easily executed.

Cheers
Davef