Hi,

Was just thinking whether it would be worth us (as in OSM UK) resurrecting the
'missing paths for 2026' project?

A quick reminder - we have until 2026 to record historical rights of way which
have fallen out of use in recent times, and the combination of OSM, council
data and historical map layers (which I have been granted access to by NLS for
MapThePaths) would be a good way to identify possible missing paths.

I made a start on this about a year ago, here's a quck mock-up showing council
data in colours and OSM paths shown in white as a 'tippex' effect. This allows
the identification of historical 'F.P' footpaths on the historical maps which
do not correspond either to current council RoWs or current OSM paths, and thus
would be candidates for investigation to see if the path is in a usable state
or there is evidence of use.

http://mapthepaths.org.uk/?mode=1

Obviously it's perhaps not the best time of year to launch an outdoor project -
but the next few months would be a good time to develop the project ready for
use in the spring.

Anyone keen to work on this?
Gitlab: https://gitlab.com/nickw1/mapthepaths/

Thanks,