Hi

I've been using MapThe Paths for the last year to add my local ROW's to OSM - I find it a great help. If we can get all of the data into OSM it will enable all ROW users to identify in one source of ROWs and NOT.ROWs. This is important as I have identified several paths which perhaps should be ROW's or diversions not correctly mapped by the Highway Authority.

People provide walkers maps based on OSM - they are very useful when ROW's are correctly referenced, the route planning can go ahead with increased confidence that the route will not be contentious by routing over a private road/track.

I would like missing paths to be a regular feature until 2026, its our heritage some of which can only be identified by mapping.

Perhaps working nationally and with local Ramblers groups (another project) could a conduit be formed to enable ramblers to identify changes needed to the map (perhaps by listing tags and possible values).

Technically on MapThePaths can an option be made available to show  highways (roads) as an optional overlay to help identify ways which perhaps should be included in OSM but are not.

Regards

Tony Shield

TonyS999