On 01/01/20 12:20, David Woolley wrote:
On 01/01/2020 00:49, Dave F via Talk-GB wrote:
I was trying to intimate, *personally*, I wouldn't bother obsessing with mapping every *square inch* of land.

I also don't think you should be mapping in that detail, but if you really want to, I would suggest that you map the wide area with just landuse, and then do nested mappings of the fields, with the crop, etc., type as well.

Similarly, I wouldn't want a residential estate broken up by road corridors.

David some want to map in a lot of detail. So .. let them.

TheĀ  road in front of my home has a verge. If pushed I would say that is landuse=highway as the verge is used, or should be, for foot traffic and to provide some safety from motorised transport.

While the road and verge are there to support the residences (landuse=residential) I would map the area around the road as landuse=highway.

I would do the same for the lane/track between farm fields, while it supports the use of the farm it is not a field. Hair splitting. I don't actually map to that detail. I have mapped a few farm fields .. and left the lane/track areas blank at this stage. I will go back and map in the access driveways to the house but I will leave the rest .. if someone else wants to do them .. fine.