On 19 Jan 2020, at 06:54, jc...@mail.com<mailto:jc...@mail.com> wrote:

IoW bus stops seem to be branded which I think is rather unusual, so does the
bus operator pay for updating them? That might be a clue to which is more
recent.

It varies from authority to authority (no reason to make it easy!) depending on
local agreements. In some areas the local authority will install the
infrastructure, in others it will be the responsibility of the operator
(perhaps in consultation). I think Cambridge is another example where there are
operator-specific poles and flags, but don’t quote me on that.

Furthermore, even where the authority provides the infrastructure the printed
timetable publicity can be done by operators, the local authority, or a mix of
both depending on size / willingness / etc.

Regards,
Stuart