On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 10:01:53AM +0000, Guthula, Jothirnadh via Talk-GB wrote:

> As you might already know, Facebook released its AI-based detections publicly
> on 08/09/2019
> (https://github.com/facebookmicrosites/Open-Mapping-At-Facebook/wiki/Available-Countries).

Not quite sure if you are posting from the Facebook team, but I will
assume so.

If it is only missing roads, I see no objections, although private
service roads are often mistagged by armchair mappers.

I was more worried by modifications to existing objects, but may this is
not planned for the UK. I saw in the FAQ that you intend to add source
tags which is excellent. What was not addressed there was what happens
when a source tag already exists. In some cases the existing source tag
may indicate some sort of ground survey, in which case edits should
should be extremely cautious if not abandoned. But where an edit goes
ahead for good reason, the previous source tag should usually be
expanded rather than overwritten. IMHO.

ael