> But village greens and public open green spaces are normally managed, or at
> least mown, by the local authority. They are not left in a wild or natural
> state.

Indeed, that’s why this is not a traditional village green - otherwise  I would
have used that tag ;-).

This is an area of mixed land cover (wood and open field). It is not managed
(or even owned) by the local authority and is in a semi-wild state. However,
what has changed is its legal status. It is now legally a town green and so the
public has a right to use this land for recreational purposes without
hinderance from the land owner.

It seemed like this was something I should update and record in OSM.
Unfortunately it's now no longer rendering.