On Fri, 3 Apr 2020 at 11:49, nathan case <nathanc...@outlook.com> wrote:
> I made a recent edit to a local area that has recently been designated a
> “Town Green”.
>
> Edit: https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/82973329

What I would do with these is to separate the legal status from the
physical and usage characteristics. First I would tag the legal
status, using the designation=* tag (which was set up for such
purposes) i.e. designation=town_green. Once that's done you can add
whatever other tags you think best describe the actual land and the
way it is used. That might be leisure=park, landuse=recreation_ground,
or whatever, depending on the nature of the Town Green in question. By
using two (or more tags) you can correctly capture the UK legal
status, while also ensuring the area renders in an appropriate way
based on it's on-the-ground characteristics.

Hope that helps,

Robert.

--
Robert Whittaker