On 13/05/2020 12:28, Paul Berry wrote:
Not sure about the tagging/proposal politics but since there are a small number of showgrounds, is there anything to stop a UK-specific page being set up on the Wiki for visibility?

As Jez has already said that sounds like an excellent idea.

Then if anyone wants to harmonise the tags they can use that as a guide to do so.

There's nothing to say we can't tag in any way we want—and again for this small collection of entities which are clearly all the same fundamental object

The problem is that they're not necessary "all the same fundamental object".  Ashover Showground is "a patch of grass with some nice gates where something happens one a year".  Stoneleigh is essentially an agricultural business park.

Best Regards,

Andy