On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 at 12:51, Michael Booth <boot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems like a number of those hamlets could be changed to something else.
>
> Also worth having a look at place=locality nodes, to see if they can be
> tagged as another place type (if it's a populated place - e.g.
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/4678882808) or the name added to a
> feature.

Yeah, I excluded locality from that search for the moment as I was
more concerned with the higher-level place names, but I should take a
look at those at some point too.

I reckon that "village" and "hamlet" probably shouldn't be present in
London, except in the few legitimately rural areas of outer London. (A
lot of those hamlets are definitely wrong and I plan to go through
them at some point.)

Russ

--
Russ Garrett