> I've made an FOI request yesterday and am awaiting a reply. What we could
> also do is find a local mapper to answer what he knows about the street.

Getting back to something fun, this is what turned up yesterday:

***
Your request:
In the ELTHORNE ward, SOA E01001248, there’s a small road-stub  between the
area ROYAL GDNS. and BOSTON GDNS., that runs approximately between the
WGS84-coordinates 51.4981160°N 0.3283307°W and 51.4984358°N 0.3273347°W (OSGB36
between  516136/179011 and 516205/179048).
As an editor in OpenStreetMap I am looking for the NAME of this street stub,
that is available under the Open Government License or any other
OpenDatabaseLicense-compliant form of publication.

Your request has been assessed and the following information is provided in
response:

We wish to refer you to the Adopted Roads map for this information.
This can found via:
http://maps.ealing.gov.uk/Webreports/Highways/Adoptedroads.html
You are free to use this information for your own use, including for
non-commercial research purposes. It may also be used for the purposes of news
reporting. Any other type of re-use, for example publishing the information,
issuing copies to the public or marketing, will require our permission as
copyright holder.
If you intend to re-use this information in this manner you must apply to us.
***

Firstly, that reply came mere hours after I changed the way to "noname=yes" and
closing the note so that StreetComplete wouldn't complain any longer (adding
ref:usrn=20602512 of course) after I had spoken to a local mapper and he went
to the street and thoroughly checked again, that there's really no street name
signed whatsoever. This adds to impecable timing in my life over the last few
weeks *sic*

Secondly, lookig at that map, the adopted road scheme REALLY thinks, that this
road is called "Fairfield Road". Darn.

So, now my question is this: The response said "If you intend to re-use this
information in this manner you must apply to us.". Is this a process that I
want to go through (given, I ever find out who "us" is) and then put the answer
under https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Permissions?