On 16/07/2020 14:03, David Woolley wrote:
On 15/07/2020 14:00, o...@poppe.dev wrote:
As this data is pretty much openly accessible, I think there'd be no major issue with asking them if this data could be used to check all the places against OSM data and, if needed correct and/or create them, right?

I often find that business locations are way off target.  I think head offices often just plug the postcode into Google Maps, rather than asking someone to read them on their GPS capable mobile, or match them to actual features on the local map.

A quick check of one I know the location of shows that the co-ordinates given seem to be of the business park that its in rather than the building itself: https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/53.22910/-1.42264 .  That list should be OK for spotting missing examples, but if one is missing you'd need to visit to see which actual building it was in.  Obviously a nominatim search of e.g. "harvester in chesterfield" will also return (or not) whatever OSM has.

Best Regards,

Andy