Leccy car drivers need to know if the point is working. Apps from the charge
point suppliers and from others such as Zapmap try to keep drivers informed
about the availability and condition of the point. OSM doesn't have that info
and can't update it in real time. Some leccy cars have this live info built
into their satnav.

There's nothing wrong with adding charging points.  I expect people wanting to
actually use them will look elsewhere for more info than OSM can reasonably
supply.

Chris