On Tue, 2020-07-21 at 17:30 +0100, Mark Goodge wrote:
> But it's not reliable enough for an unfiltered bulk import; there are
> duplicate entries, incorrect coordinates and incorrect or missing
> addresses.

We could turn this into an advantage of Open Data and OSM. Validation
of other datasets makes them more accurate and in turn useful to
everyone, including the original publisher.

> What it would be useful for, though, is adding the technical data to
> a chargepoint that has been mapped by on-the-ground observation. So
> long as we can match an entry in the NCR to a mapped chargepoint,
> the metadata (eg, connector types, owner/operator/network) can be
> updated automatically.

+1
But I think we should also add the other data (after other validation,
like de duplication and null island), possibly like the naptan import
with, naptan:verified, or a more generic import_verified. That could
easily be fitted into on the ground verification tools like
StreetComplete. Or perhaps a more visible option is to make notes for
the ones that aren't matched to existing data allowing local mappers to
check and add them manually.

On Tue, 2020-07-21 at 18:44 +0200, Kai Michael Poppe - OSM wrote:
> Again, this sounds like a perfect job for MapRoulette where the NCR
> goes into a GeoJSON and people get to work on that data with what's
> in OSM already - the part that requires effort is to correct what's
> bogus ;)

I think of MapRoulette as being more "arm chair mapping", I think you'd
get people just adding it without any validation.

Cj