On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 at 12:01, <talk-gb-requ...@openstreetmap.org> wrote:
> Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 11:53:00 +0100
> From: Jez Nicholson <jez.nichol...@gmail.com>
> To: David Woolley <for...@david-woolley.me.uk>
>
> It is possible that the initial data from SourceLondon is licence tainted
> as they manually created the points by using Google Maps. This would block
> a straight import, but might allow for a conflation exercise.

Hi Jez,

Good point regarding the original source data, I'll try to find out
how it was created. What happens if I don't get a completely
unambiguous answer?
And what would the conflation exercise be? Are we allowed to put the
points on a non-OSM map to ask local mappers to survey?

adding Charging Points but it wasn't necessarily discussed as an
import task until the national registry was discussed, and then there
were questions about data quality. I'm happy to analyse the data
quality of the provider datasets by sampling.

Of course I won't begin an import without seeking consensus first -
this was the start of such an attempt!

Steven