Nov 13, 2020, 10:16 by p...@trigpoint.me.uk:

> On Fri, 2020-11-13 at 08:36 +0000, Peter Neale via Talk-GB wrote:
>
>> I am pretty sure that I remember checking bridges in my area some time ago,
>> using a tool that someone kindly provided, which flagged up all bridges,
>> where the clearance height was not specified in OSM.
>>
>> I regret that I cannot now find the link.
>>

> The isssue with a tool which finds roads under bridges with no maxheight tag
> is that many are above a legal minimum so have no sign.
>
> Motorway bridges for example.
>
> Maybe we need an unsigned tag so that these can be elimiated?
>
> A hay lorry managed to hit this (unsigned) one a few years ago.

StreetComplete is using maxheight=default maxheight=below_default for unsigned
maxheight in places where there is some height limit (for example within
tunnels).

See https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:maxheight#Non-numerical_values
for some alternative tagging styles

And extending this quest to roads under bridges was recently implemented,
though this is not released yet.

See https://github.com/westnordost/StreetComplete/pull/2234 for code.