Zitat Hans van Wijk:

> Can we do this on a waterway?

In Haiti there seem to be a couple of river beds also used as roads. Jan
Tappenbeck and I talked about this issue last week, without a solution how
to handle this. We have found some places with vehicle traces in riverbeds
but we quite not sure about that, because our impressions are based on air
imagery sources taken during the dry season, i guess. Would be good, to hear
more about this fact from somebody who have better knowledge of the Haitian
driving habits.

> Will it be understood by the Garmins in the field?

Probably not. But this shouldn't stop us from tagging this, if we agree to
do so.

> waterway=stream
> vehicle=yes

How about the good old "highway=ford"?
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway%3Dford>
Maybe even this is comprehensible for Garmin units.

--
Michael