Hi,

1. While the Go-safe cameras may often use particular spots, they can be
placed anywhere in a zone. Garda vehicles can be anywhere at all, not
just the designated zones.

I understnad this is the current list of zones:
http://www.garda.ie/Documents/User/Total%20list%20of%20ALL%20727%20active%20zones.pdf
 but an email to traf...@garda.ie should clarify that.

Note that speed limits tend to be poorly signposted in Ireland.

2. I've noticed that road segments often go from village to village, but
this might not correspond with speed limit boundaries. How does one
split the segment into two segments?

3. With some roads, e.g. R166
https://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?editor=id#map=16/53.7459/-6.2921 the
following data fields are available.

Secondary Road
* Name
* One Way
* Speed Limit
* Structure
* Access
* Lanes
* Surface
* Reference
* All tags (2)
* All relations (0)

However, with an adjacent minor road:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?editor=id#map=16/53.7570/-6.3205
 it does not have "Lanes" or "Reference". Is this because it is an unclassified
road? How does one record the local road number?

Colm

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the
world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead