Paddy,

Perhaps natural=wetland and then wetlands=*

- http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:natural=wetland

- http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:wetland

I tend to try map to the median water mark as the lake/water and then draw
the remaining wetland as a separate area

I recently done a lake with a changing boundary:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/54.6427/-8.6681

I used wetland=tidalflat which in hind-sight probably isn't the most
suitable

On 25 October 2014 14:42, pcasey <pca...@clareroots.org> wrote:

> How does one map the outlines of turloughs ? They flood and drain with the
> seasons and with also changes in precipitation (heavy rainfall <-> drought).
>
> Paddy

Conor Jones
* E:*  co...@malinbeg.com
* M:* +353 (0)86 200 8884