I hope I got the problem correct.

if you do not have the house numbers yet, use the number of segments in the
terracer plugin to split in even parts.
When you have the house numbers, fill in the lowest & highest number and
choose even-odd/all. In this case you preferable select the building, the
street, as well as one node of the building on the side where the lowest
number has to come before opening the dialog.

This only works for buildings that are nice rectangles.

regards