I understood that adding to the amount of land area that was
classified with a landuse category was a good addition to the map. My
research showed that we have some 3,300 patches of land mapped but excluded
from the landuse tag.
For private citizens or public officials seeking data from OSM for
structured park areas (with planting /benches.sports/keep fit apparatus
etc) it makes the parks easier to find if they are tagged as landuse=park
as well as leisure=park. I am interested in a few examples please, showing
how you tag these areas when mapping in your home country.

I note you suggest removing the leisure=park tags. I feel it would be
presumptive of me to consider that those who used the tag some 3,300 times
to have been mistaken or ill-judged in what they did. without me knowing
the local conditions.