On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 3:39 AM, Kenneth Gonsalves <law...@au-kbc.org>wrote:

> On Tuesday 16 Dec 2008 9:52:04 pm Mikel Maron wrote:
> > > This has gone way off track - my question now is: if we are to start a
> > > chapter
> > >
> > > here, what is the procedure? How are members defined?
> >
> > Just to be clear, the Foundation leaves it to the local chapter to answer
> > these questions ..
>
> so how does the foundation decide who gets to vote for it's board?

Anyone who is a member of the foundation has a vote.  Board members are
generally re-elected once a year.  You can join by paying a membership fee
of GBP 15 (good value at the moment as the pound is very weak).  More
details here: http://foundation.openstreetmap.org/membership/

Local chapters will be encouraged to run membership schemes.  It is proposed
that any member of an official local chapter will automatically become a
member of the federation with full voting rights.  This will be in addition
to any local chapter voting rights (this may vary from one local chapter to
another and may depend on local laws etc).

80n