On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 7:58 AM, H.S.Rai <hardeep....@gmail.com> wrote:

> For "Joint Punjab Mapping Project" I need to purchase 10 units GPS
> Data Loggers. Please suggest which make and model I should buy.
>
> My foremost requirement is to get transferred data (GPS logs,
> WayPoints) from units to Linux loaded PC / Laptop. Till date I have
> used Garmin GPSmap 76CSx, Garmin eTrex H, Garmin  Geko 201, RoyalTek
> GPS Data Logger RBT2300. For all above except 76CSx, I have to use M$
> windows to get data transferred
>
> JTD also offered to integrate MP3 recorder with device GDL-3204 for
> audio recording of way-point information.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/runa-sankarshan/4039585218/
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/t...@openstreetmap.org/msg06641.html
>
> I request you give your views, feedback about devices you used.
>
> With regards,
>
> I use a Mio C320, which I unlocked(easy unlock) and installed Oziexplorer
software(this can use OSM maps via softwares like nonimapview)
Cost for GPS = 100$, Oziexplorer=40$
Alternatively, you can buy car GPS systems from Dealextreme(windows CE 5.0),
buy Oziexplorer and install.
The tracks are dumped in plt format on SD card, after that you can use
gpsbabel to convert the tracks to GPX format.
The tracks have timestamp and altitude information