Hi,

Shall I add my ideas on these boundaries?

In my vision, The following are the most prominent administrative divisions
in India:

First set - Administrative boundaries

    1. Territorial waters (Exclusive Economic Zone) (as per United Nations
Convention on the Law of the Sea)
    2. Zones (Interstate council)
    3. States and Union Territories (Governer and Chief Minister)
    4. Revenue Districts (District Collector)
    5. Revenue Divisions (Revenue Divisional Officer)
    6. Taluks / Tehsils (Tahsildar)
    7. Revenue Villages (Village officer)
    8. Survey / Re-survey /Un-survey - field measurement plots and sub
divisions

Second Set - Legislative boundaries

    1. Lok Sabha (Parliament) Constituency [Lok Sabha - MP]
    2. Legislative Assembly (Vidhan Sabha) Constituency [States and Union
Territories - MLA]

Third Set - Local Self Government

    1. Rural
        a. District (Zilla) Panchayat (President and Secretary)
            i Divisions (Member)
        b. Development Blocks (Block/Mandal Panchayat) (President and Block
Development Officer/Secretary)
            i Divisions (Member)
        c. Grama (Village) Panchayat ( Rural Local Authority)
(President/Sarpanch and Secretary)
            i Wards (Member)

    2. Urban
        a. Municipality / Municipal Corporation / Nagar Panchayat (Urban
Local Authority) and Metropolitan Region (Mayor and Secretary)
            i. Zones
            ii. Wards (Councillor)

    3. Cantonment area (Officer in Command)
             (Don't know it's divisions :( (Military area Local Authority)

Fourth Set - Courts and Police
    1. Jurisdiction of various courts
    2. Police Districts
    3. Police Circles
    3. Jurisdiction of Police Stations

Fifth Set - Miscellaneous
    1. Special Economic Zones
    2. Coastal Regulation Zone
    3. Ecologically Sensitive Areas

I think the above listed are the important sets, regarding the
administrative divisions of India. Besides these, almost all the government
departments of various tiers of administration, have their own internal
administrative boundaries.
--
- നെടുമ്പാല ജയ്സെന്‍ -