The OHM server is very low traffic as it is a niche project. For that matter, so is OSM India. If we need a dedicated box, I'll get one via Topomancy or Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education in Mumbai.

The question of hosting should not delay us.

w.r.t. Paul Norman's point, agreed that what we are doing here is different in nature from OHM. My only point was that the stack installed on the server is similar, not the nature of the services. My bad wording.

If anyone else in the OSM community on this list or elsewhere disagrees, speak now. Else the "silent nods in agreement" shall be taken as an okay to go ahead with setup of openstreetmap.in.

I spoke with both Satyakaam and Arun yesterday.

Satya has agreed to manage the install and config and Arun will then guide us on next steps. Johnson is too busy with other work right now and Satya is ready and reliable to manage services.

Thanks to H.S. Rai for kicking off this thread!

Best,

Shekhar