Dear all ,

As noted in the mail by Arun in Wikimedia India mailing list [1],the
translations for most of the map feature names is not available in Indic
Languagues . I am planning to take up the task of translating a bulk amount
of data to Tamil . But , I am facing an issue as I am not that familiar
(but eager to know) about the OSM interface fro translation , and doing it
one node at a time . If some one has experience or fun in translation
interface please let me know .For now , I am doing it this way as helped by
SrrReal <http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/SrrReal>

1. Go to osm.org
2. Hit the edit button
3. That opens the ID editor.
4. Click on a street name for example
5. On the left side, it displays the 'Name' text box. At the right corner
of the text box is a '+' sign.
6. Hit that button to translate. From the resulting dropdown pick Tamil as
the language and doing the honours ;)

[1]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimediaindia-l/2015-December/012389.html

Regards,