>Are you generating strings for the software which runs openstreetmap.org, or
>translating place names in >OpenStreetMap data? If the latter, you shouldn't
>upload them. The name:* tags in OSM are for names in >different languages, not
>for translations of names to different languages.

Later is we want.

Our goal is to display all the street names, village,city names, POI
in Tamil language.

we export the interested strings from OSM.
using a telegram bot, contributors can see a string in english and
types in tamil name.

As we can not get the user's OSM credentials as text in telegramBot,
we need  a bot account to update OSM with  the tamil names to all the
relevant english names that volunteers have translated.

Is this process is fine?

Share your thoughts.

--
Regards,
T.Shrinivasan

My Life with GNU/Linux : http://goinggnu.wordpress.com
Free E-Magazine on Free Open Source Software in Tamil : http://kaniyam.com

Get Free Tamil Ebooks for Android, iOS, Kindle, Computer :
http://FreeTamilEbooks.com