> As we can not get the user's OSM credentials as text in telegramBot,
> we need  a bot account to update OSM with  the tamil names to all the
> relevant english names that volunteers have translated.
>
> Is this process is fine?

This is such an awesome project and love how easy it is to translate! Such
an easy to use mobile interface is a great contribution to localize the
world map [1].

Before getting a bot account, it would be great to demonstrate that the
quality of translations sourced by this method is of sufficiently high
quality. That would greatly help build a case for an automated upload
system.

The name:* tags in OSM are for names in different languages, not for
> translations of names to different languages.

Paul, these are translations and not transliterations[2]. Is that what you
were asking?

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Translation#OpenStreetMap_map_data
[2] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Names#Avoid_transliteration