Hey Brian,

Glad to hear you take GPS traces into consideration. There are several
instances around the country where people have taken the imagery as-is. I
expect those are mostly cases of oh-wow-this-looks-easy without taking the
time to do a little reading.

Here in Daejeon I mostly do streets and mountain tracks on the bicycle. I
do get in the odd hiking trail now and then also. I tend to be a bit "OCD"
when I make traces and usually walk the trail one way and then the other. A
5km hike ends up being 10km, but that way I have 2 traces (though honestly,
traces should be hours or days apart to use them for "averaging").

As for where the data comes from ... I expect a lot of locals don't bother
to upload their traces to the database. I expect that may be due to the
fact that that procedure is not really explained in Hangul anywhere (as far
as I can tell).

If you find something you are not sure about, feel free to contact the
editor and ask them where their data came from. I do, and some of the time
I get replies, even with the language barrier. (Then you can remind them to
upload their GPX traces as often as possible.)

I am by no means an expert, but feel free to ask any questions to the list.
I, or Andrew, or someone can answer. Maybe the conversation will be of help
to others, also.

Safe travels and jama rek,

Robert
**---