Hello,

I agree that name tagging should be fixed, but I don't agree that we have a
solution yet.

Firstly, name=* might not be in Korean language.  I can give several
examples where the name of something in Korea (for example, a shop, or a
restaurant) is in Chinese, English, or French.  So, I think we should not
insist that name=* must always be Korean.

However, it is useful to make a record of the Korean name in name:ko=* even
if it is the same as name=*.  The reason for this is so that we can make a
multilingual map.

I agree that if name=* is a combination of "Korean (English)" it should be
changed, but as an English speaker living in Korea it is very useful for
me, so I am reluctant to make that change.  And if it's useful for me, it
is probably useful for other people.

This brings me to another important point, we must think of the people who
will be using the data.  We must provide data which is properly tagged so
that the map renderer can choose the correct tag to label every road or
street or building for the language chosen by the user.  I think the reason
why name=* was a combination of "Korean (English)" was because we didn't
have renderers that could render in different languages.  Maybe we still
don't, but we should be thinking of the future, as well as the present.

I think we have to have a full discussion before you run your automated
script.  We should also remember that there is no urgency, and we should
not be hasty.

Best wishes,

Andrew