On 11/21/2012 06:45 PM, Maarten Deen wrote:
On 11/21/2012 06:41 PM, Wolfgang Wienke wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm mapping in NL near Aachen. Can someone tell me, why there is more
> that ONE way in a dutch roundabaout?
There isn't. A roundabout is always one way. If there are two directions
it is not a roundabout but a circular road.

Just after sending this I realized that I must have misread your question. You mean why most roundabouts are made up of more than one way.

Initially it is because of the AND import. The AND dataset was such that between every junction of 3 or more roads there was a sperate way. Now it is just convenient if you have different relations (like a bus line) over the roundabout. Then you can indicate exactly which side a relation takes.

Maarten