I've known about Wtmitchell for a while now. (He's also an active Wikipedian
contributing to various articles related to the U.S. and the Philippines.)
He's listed himself on the members section of the OSM WikiProject
Philippines page as based in Boracay:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Philippines

I assumed that most people knew about him so I didn't mention about him
anymore when the Boracay mapping project came up on the mailing list. Sorry
for the oversight.