Noel, what's wrong with omitting the names from the drugstores and fastfood
outlets?

While OSM is a free/open-content project, it is commerce-agnostic. Take note
that Wikipedia has articles on fastfood  (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jollibee) and drugstore (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_Drug) franchises and there's nothing
wrong with that. Likewise, there's nothing wrong with adding the names of
commercial entities in OSM.

For example, here's McDonald's Eastwood Citywalk 1 where I'm having
breakfast right now and typing this e-mail:
http://openstreetmap.org/?lat=14.608905&lon=121.080087&zoom=18&layers=B000FTF

Take note that the only info that you can get here is that there's a
stand-alone building for a fastfood outlet named McDonald's. There's no
delivery number, no promos, no ads, nothing besides the location info, which
is part of what OSM is.

--
http://vaes9.codedgraphic.com