Hi,

Here is the protected area shapefile I intend to upload in OSM.  I
removed some PAs whom I think has "improper" polygon boundaries.

Please review if you think this is suitable for OSM import.
Download link:
http://esambale.wikispaces.com/file/view/protected_areas_edited.zip

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 2:20 PM, maning
sambale<emmanuel.samb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is it Mount Kanlaon National Park included? If we include those national
>> park it would be much interesting for those who who use OSM for biodiversity
>> conservation.
> Not sure, but I think it is.  Right, in some areas there are no road
> data simply because the are not much road in the first place.  It
> would be good for other data users (like conservationist) to be able
> to use the data for their purpose.  Some important features I dream of
> adding:
> 1. rivers
> 2. landcover (different from landuse)
> 3. coral reefs
>
> This can be mapped using landsat by the way.
>

>>  thanks.
>  > noel
>

> On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 6:33 AM, maning
> sambale<emmanuel.samb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Not good enough:
>> http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3368/3595795759_20a6a76358_o.png
>>
>> It seems small protected areas were marked as large squares just to
>> appear on the 1:7M scale map.
>> Still other boundaries are good.  Need to edit first, before import.
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 9:36 AM, maning sambale
>> <emmanuel.samb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> OK, I will send a sample file for everyone to look at before adding them.
>>>
>>> I'm thinking of including additional tag, for example:
>>>
>>> name=Northern Sierra Madre Natural Park
>>> boundary=national_park
>>> NIPAS:category=natural park # this link for ref:
>>> http://sunsite.nus.edu.sg/apcel/dbase/filipino/primary/phanip.html