Ronny Ager-Wick - Develo Ltd. wrote, On Tuesday, 28 July, 2009 04:46 AM:
> Guys, I found I need to retire my old laptop, so I've ordered an eee PC
> and I'm looking to get a GPS logger and receiver if I can only find one
> that doesn't cost a fortune.

I've found these guys have some good prices.
        http://www.expansys.com.hk/gps/gps-receivers

(They have a UK site as well. In fact its a UK company)

And this one looks as though it fits your general specs, except it doesn't do
bluetooth.
        http://www.expansys.com.hk/d.aspx?i=149006

I'm 95% sure that if it supplies GPS over USB cable, then you can get Linux to
talk to it. I'd recommend installing eeeBuntu 3, which I just put on my
girlfriend's EEE. Very nicely done - everything works immediately and you have
access to the global Ubuntu repositories, so you can get your gpsd, tangogps
etc on there easily.

Contact me offlist if you want to go into techy details ...

Jim

--
   datalude: information security
   e: j...@datalude.com