Yes, I remember ed's recommendation.  Although I can't find the
discussion in the mailinglist, I also remember I asked the group on
whether I should remove the POIs.  As far as I can recall nobody
responded (or I may have missed the message).

Update: the user accepted responsibilty for adding  roadguide traces
into osm.  I advised the user to remove his/her contribution with
consideration for a possibility that his/her contributions have been
merged with other's work.  Some may require manual work rather than
massive reverting.

--
cheers,
maning