I'm all for unifying GIS data for the whole Philippines, but before
they get on another mapping spending spree, please let us know
whatever happened to the geohazard mapping they initiated after the
leyte landslides:
http://www.newsflash.org/2004/02/pe/pe003835.htm

Was it successful?
Did LGUs used the data?
Were lives saved because of these maps?

[with apologies for ranting]

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 6:18 PM, George Tujan <gtu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Incredible! it just might be a ploy to justify more government spendings :)
>
> I guess its up to us to really inform the government that OSM can really
> help. Bigay na lang natin sa mga biktima ang cost savings :)
>
> On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 4:09 PM, maning sambale <emmanuel.samb...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Pucha!  I almost fell-off my chair!
>>
>> "With each map sheet costing P500,000, creating a GIS base map will
>> cost P6.5 billion."
>>
>> I know data creation is expensive, but is it really that much (500K
>> per mapsheet)?

cheers,
maning