I personally think that trunk roads are generally long-distance roads meant
to drive traffic across a metropolis or across the countryside.

While traffic volume is a very good indicator, it's not always guaranteed.

That said, I was actually thinking of upgrading Espana-Quezon Avenue to
trunk. :-)

What do other people think?

http://vaes9.codedgraphic.com