On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 11:14 AM, maning sambale <emmanuel.samb...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> +1 for adding the branch tag.
>
> @Rally, is there any additional benefit for using the "name:branch" key?
>
> In the garmin map, it shows as Name - Branch.

For garmin map, the plan is to add "name" + "-" + "name:branch" when the map
is compiled, so that it's more convenient to search for a particular shop
while you're mobile. (need not look at the properties of every poi on the
'search results' to see if you got the correct address). I'm sure gps users
know this, and this is the reason why many contributors put the branch-name
after the shop's name.

So why separate (if we will combine them altogether again for garmin map)?,
because others may want to extract all the Jollibee's, Metrobanks, Mecury
Drugs, 7-Eleven's etc. It's much much easier to filter out a specific brand
(for whatever purpose it may serve, eg. market study).

If in the future, I want all my Shell Stations to have a unique custom Icon,
all I have to do is filter out all name=Shell & amenity=fuel on the style
section. If we encourage contributors to put so many different name-branch
combinations, we might miss out a few branches in the process.