Try viewing the whole Metro Manila, one single province, or one whole town
in your screen-monitor. You will notice that the town-POI's close proximity
to their admin buildings hardly make a difference, because the user's focus
is usually the center of the town-proper or barangay-proper itself.

Like in most map (whether on paper or digital screen), a POI normally has an
ICON + TEXT with a font-size larger than the building polygon itself. So if
we place the Town-POI directly on top of its respective townhall polygon, we
will essentially be covering it (building) with the Town's ICON or <town
name> text. What if that townhall polygon contains a Post-office, NBI, Hall
of Justice, Comelec, Jail, Police Station, etc? then we effectively block
all of them with the 'slightly larger font' of the city-POI placed on top of
them.

I normally place the town-POI or barangay-POI close to it's administrative
building, but in such a way that when viewing the "Vicinity Map", the
Town-POI's text should do not cover other texts or icons. I noticed that
some OSM map-applications (or equivalent papermap derivatives) may not have
smart rendering. So it may be a good practice to manually reposition our
town-POI the old-fashion way, so that the map deliver maximum useable
information yet still minimizing clutter & bunching of information.

Since it's an art & not an exact science, I found by trial & error that
50-150meter (or slightly more but not greater than 250m) are good distance
(range) were we can place our Town or Barangay POI away from admin building.
Panning & looking for barangay hall or city hall within 100-200meter radius
seems relatively easy.

The center of poblacion or barangay is normally very close to the
administrative hall. Exception: A townhall is sometimes relocated to a new
site outside of its poblacion, and the town-POI should not necessarily be
moved away from the old towncenter.  A good guide is to place it closer to
the old townplaza, old church. I'm sure (there are exceptions to this
exception). Let's just discuss them here :-)

Rally