I was also able to go to Maguindanao just before/and during the fall of the
Ampatuan's. I found many towns named after the Ampatuan clan (i.e. Ampatuan
Town, Datu Hoffer Ampatuan Town, Datu Saudi Ampatuan Town) without enough
residents. Many houses are also just temporary shelters made from *pawid*. I
found out from locals that old big towns were subdivided by the provincial
government (guess who was in position then?) so that the patriarch can give
his children a portion of his kingdom to reign. Huts were built *daw *so as
to show that there are actual people residing in the area. Though when you
look at the place, it's just barren land.

Now this makes mapping interesting :)

Rem

PS: The incumbent Maguindanao Governor is Esmael Mangudadatu. (Yes he was
the one who was supposed to file his candidacy when the massacre happened).
There is also a town in Maguindanao named Mangudadatu. Go figure. :)

--
Rem Zamora
0916-55-11-407