Dear mike,

Replies inline.

What is needed to participate in pilot project you mentioned?
> would like to ask you to join the UK in a
> License Working Group pilot project to engage global mappers on a
> country-by-country basis.

AFAIK, several attempts were made to contact large contributors who
have not responded in the license change.  In particular, I sent
several emails to hellodeck.  I got no response so far.
> guess that if  contributor hellodeck can be reached, that would tip the
> balance. Does anyone know if that is possible?

We have a list of areas that require re-mapping here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Philippines/remapping

To all mappers,  I suggest you update the list so that we know where
to ficus re-mapping efforts.
> I strongly recommend that first you look at your areas and contact undecided
> mappers via the OpenStreetMap messaging system or directly if you know them.

Further ideas on how we start remapping welcome.

--
cheers,
maning