Thanks again JGC for the additional imagery.  The imagery made worried
more.  I am seeing many small clusters of settlements around the area
which I fear is not yet accessed by ground responders. :(

Some updates on the data request by several humanitarian agencies:

1. The humanitarian cluster led by the Red Cross is building a
database to support the response.  Description of the activity below:

"Data entry support/leadership: We may have a few thousand surveys
  to enter into the database, which means ideally 10-20 data entry
  people once the survey starts. I am looking for volunteers and a
  computer lab to operate in. If either of you can help me with some
  leads on either of these (students are great because they can usually
  type well and we can give them a certificate), that would be amazing."

I am currently coordinating this with a local university in Davao
City.  If anyone based in the region is interested to participate, let
me know.

2.  MapAction [1] is looking for an updated road data.  While I
believe most of the major roads available in Bing imagery is now
traced, we lack data for minor roads particularly for the remote
areas.  Orbview-3 can augment this coverage, a few I already added.
along New Bataan and Maragusan [0].  I am waiting for MapAction's
response on what specific areas they need road update.  Pending this
information, I request mappers to continue digitizing roads in Bing
and OrbView3.  Other features worth tracing are waterways
(waterway=river) and settlements (place=neighborhood,village,hamlet)

[0] http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=7.342&lon=126.1915&zoom=13&layers=M
[1] http://mapaction.org/deployments/depldetail/216.html

Once we get a clear understanding of where and what needs to be
mapped, I will create a tasking manager job for this.

--
cheers,
maning