Hi folks,
I'm based on Bantayan Island in Cebu and am very interested in helping
promote OSM on the island and around the province. I had my first mapping
intern start last Thursday, here for a one-month term. Organizing some
volunteers and doing some training at one of the colleges here has been on
my 'to-do' list for a few months, always put on the back burner because of
other priorities.

As it happens, I'm doing a presentation on Thursday to the Bantayan Island
Humanitarian Working Group about OSM, the Open Data Kit, and mapping and
information management in general. Islamic Relief Worldwide and Philippines
Red Cross, among others, are interested in this stuff but their teams here
have virtually no experience with IM let alone mapping. I can also connect
you with the PDRRMO office who can connect you with the municipal DRR
offices across the province

I haven't had a chance to put together my presentation yet. I don't suppose
one of you has a solid introductory presentation that you'd recommend so I
don't need to start from scratch?

Please consider yourselves invited to come and visit us on beautiful
Bantayan Island. If a more experienced trainer is available, I'll use that
as an excuse and happily organize an audience for you with the MDRRM
offices and local colleges. If you don't mind staying in a tent we can
cover your accommodations and food during your stay. :)

Cheers,
Nick

--
*Nick Brown*