Hi everyone in the OSM Philippines community,

I'd like to introduce a new project Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team will be working on in the Philippines, PhilAWARE. This is a local installation of DisasterAWARE, a disaster risk reduction and integrated early warning and decision support system that also incorporates many data layers from OpenStreetMap. Over the past week, we've been working here in Manila to set up this new project - there's an article on the launch of the program in Manila at https://www.pdc.org/philippines-drr-programs-kick-off-2019/.

Our new Country Manager in the Philippines is Nick Brown, and he'll be working to set up our team & project in the Philippines. A number of you will likely be in Dumaguete later this week; both Nick and Adityo Dwijananto (from our Indonesia team) will be attending, to answer any questions you might have and discuss more about this project - so please feel free to chat to and ask any questions to Nick or Adityo!

We're very happy to finally be able to offer more support of the great work that has been happening in the Philippines! Nick can be reached via nick.br...@hotosm.org.

thanks,
Paul
--
*Paul Uithol*
Director of Programs

Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team
OpenStreetMap & open data for Humanitarian Response & Development
web <http://hotosm.org/> | twitter <https://twitter.com/hotosm> | facebook <https://www.facebook.com/hotosm> | donate <http://hotosm.org/donate>