In the context of the global conventions, quarters in the Philippines are
akin to downtown Poblacion areas.  It could be used to tag large
subdivisions with each phase as a neighbourhood.

I agree, the current convention is to tag barangays as place=village.
Puroks can be tagged as place=neighbourhoods, as with sitios (without
"Sitio", following the current barangay tagging convention) unless they are
remote , which would then be place=hamlet

» email: erwin@ <er...@ngnuity.net>*n**gnu**it**y**.xyz*
<http://ngnuity.net/> | gov...@gmail.com
» mobile: https://t.me/GOwin
» OpenPGP key: 3A93D56B | 5D42 7CCB 8827 9046 1ACB 0B94 63A4 81CE 3A93 D56B